The purpose of the Council Chamber of Commerce is to promote and perpetuate the business, commercial, manufacturing, agriculture, and civic interests of the City of Council; to develop a unified public spirit in all; whereby we can put forth a concerted effort in aid to our city and county to make them more prosperous, more beautiful, and a better place in which to live.
The Council Chamber of Commerce is committed to building a vibrant and flourishing community through business leadership.
108 Illinois Avenue, Council, ID 83612
The Chamber of Commerce Office is located in the Visitor Center located on Highway 95.
Our Mailing Address: PO Box 527, Council, ID 83612
Meetings are held on the first Monday of every month at 12 noon. Currently, meetings are being held at the Council High School Library. Meetings are open to anyone wishing to attend. You are not required to be a member to attend these meetings.
There is a separate directors meeting on the 3rd Monday of the month.
The Chamber is happy to support local community events. The following conditions apply for event sponsorship.
- The Event or Event Coordinator needs to be a current Chamber member.
- The Chamber can provide a cash donation or prize upon prior written request and approval.
- Liability insurance is available pending the coverage needed and approval. (Motorized vehicle events and high-risk events will NOT be covered).
- The Chamber can assist with free publicity and promotion. This includes posting and distributing flyers, posting on the Chamber website, and email communications.
- The Chamber will NOT provide event staffing, volunteers or event coordination.
- Event sponsorship is subject to approval by the Chamber Board of Directors.